The Business Broker is an individual who thrives on taking risks and facing challenges while maintaining a win-win, positive attitude. In addition, on a daily basis, he/she demonstrates the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and habits of a high-achieving business brokerage professional who is committed to putting clients first, doing the right thing, and seeking win-win agreements.
The Business Broker’s role will encompass the following:
- Following up on company-provided leads and prospecting for clients looking to buy a business.
- Closing those leads to appointments.
- Closing appointments to agreements.
- Searching the market for appropriate business opportunities for sale in tandem with our Lead Listing Agent and Director of Operations.
- Presenting the opportunities to the buyer.
- Writing the contract on the selected business, presenting those offer(s) to a listing agent, and overseeing the deal through closing. This includes referrals for financing and other professional partners.
The Business Broker also demonstrates a commitment to learning and strives for growth by regularly attending classes and webinars in addition to local and national teachings when appropriate. This is a position that offers growth opportunities for someone new to the industry or an experienced broker. Career coaching, management, systems, support, and leads are available. Maine Real Estate license will be required within three months of association.
Successful Business Brokers often are prior entrepreneurs, appraisers, small business owners, commercial real estate agents, from finance and investment industries, or have business degrees.
This position is full-time and commission-based.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.